If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (419) 385-9245

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoid These Common House Fire Causes

8/10/2022 (Permalink)

It is important to understand some of the most common causes of small house fires in order to keep yourself safer throughout the year. One such cause is overloaded power outlets. Overloading an outlet can provide the perfect storm for sparks or electrical arcs to catch nearby materials on fire. Stressed outlets are one of the primary causes of household fires.

When your Toledo Southwest home experiences fire damage, you need to find out what happened in order to avoid a repeat. Our SERVPRO team can help clean up your mess and restore the damage, but we also have the experience to help determine where the fire began based on the severity of the damages.

You need to know how to operate your power outlets within safe parameters. This information can potentially save your house from damages, but more importantly, save your life.

People ask too much of their power outlets all the time, but this gets even worse around the holidays. When you combine indoor and outdoor lights, the tree, and other decorations in with already stressed power sources, you are brewing a recipe for disaster. To make matters worse, the spark of a fire can occur from this overloaded outlet at any time.

The sooner you respond to restoring your home after fire damages the better. Our experienced SERVPRO professionals can clean up the damages and bring the structure and contents of the room back to its original conditions. We’ll make it like it never even happened.

Other News

View Recent Posts